Quesadilla is a quick snack you can easily make at home. All you need is a pack of Tortilla wraps and a bit of shredded mozarella (or any other cheese that works for you). You can then add whatever veggies (tomatoes, jalapenos, marrow etc), fruits (I've used pineapples ;)) or leftover meat (chicken, turkey etc) you have in your fridge. Put it on your griddle and grill! That's all, you are done!
So where did I get this clever idea from? Nigella ofcourse! ;) I've made these yumm snacks over a hundred times and I never get tired. You can take this to work or school and even picnics! I'am sure you would love them too. Here is the recipe that inspired me...
For each flour tortilla wrap -
30g thinly sliced/shredded cooked chicken
3 coin-sliced slices of pickled green jalapeno chilli peppers from a jar
50g grated cheese
1 spring onion, finely sliced few leaves of coriander
1 teaspoon olive oil (not extra virgin)
Makes 1 quesadilla
1. Heat a ridged griddle.
2. Place the tortilla wrap on the counter in front of you and cover with the chicken.
3. Over one half only, sprinkle the pickled jalapeno slices, grated cheese and chopped spring onion. Scatter the coriander leaves over the top.
4. Carefully fold the tortilla wrap in half, that's to say, fold the un-cheese-topped half over the cheese so that you have a fat half moon.
5. Lift this up carefully and brush each side with the oil before putting it on the hot griddle; grill for a minute each side.
6. Using a steady hand and a wide fine spatula or fish slice, transfer the tortilla to a board or plate and cut into 3 triangles. Eat with some salsa on the side. And please feel free to play with the fillings as you wish.